Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mango salsa...What I did on vacation?!



While Hubs was home we took a trip to Gulf Coast. Wanting to avoid the Spring breakers as much as possible, we chose an area known as "the forgotten coast" along the Florida panhandle. This area is also known for wild caught shrimp, oysters, and numerous varieties of fish. We spent the next four days walking on the beach with the dog, eating fresh seafood, and watching the sunsets. It was total relaxation! We only ate one meal at a restaurant. The rest of the time we feasted on fresh local seafood. So good! We picked up grouper one evening and I made a mango salsa to serve along with the grilled fish. We both love mango salsa with fish. (It's also tasty with chicken.) I've been making it for so long now that I don't remember where I got the original recipe. I pretty much just eyeball all the ingredients, so this is just a basic guide.
Mango salsa
serves two
One ripe mango diced
1/2 avocado diced
1/4 cup red onion chopped
1/2 jalapeno seeded and minced
juice from half a lime
1 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs chopped cilantro
Toss the first four ingredients together. Squeeze the lime juice over the mixture. drizzle the olive oil over and mix together gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over grilled fish or chicken.

7 comments:

Mama Mia said...

im jealous... I want to go on vacation too. Looks beautiful!

Deborah said...

I love mango salsa. This one sounds delcious! And what a fun vacation!

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Mango salsa is one of my "go-to's." Yours looks so fresh and colorful.

Cynthia said...

Mango salsa is one of the best! With seafood or duck, it is to die for.

Rosie said...

Oh I am glad to hear you had a great vacation with hubby and love your mango salsa :)

Rosie x

Nicole said...

Sounds lovely! And soooo relaxing.

Unknown said...

You have great travel/vacation blog !!!

Find vacation rentals in worldwide directory
HolidayHomes.ca holliday homes
Thank you!!!