Thursday, January 22, 2009

Antipasto for two


Okay I've been a bad blogger. I know but, it's been a crazy busy week or so. I haven't had a spare moment it seems. By the time I finish all the baking I have to do for others, I've just haven't had time to squeeze in time for pictures and new posts. So enough of my excuses for now!
I did, while shopping for baking orders, find time to pick up a new cookbook, however. I got Frank Stitt's latest cookbook Bottega Favorita. It features the recipes from his Italian restaurant, one of my personal favorite restaurants, Bottega. The recipes in this cookbook are wonderful. I've made the several so far(but didn't take pictures!) and they've all been winners. This is a picture of the antipasto for two. You don't really need a recipe to put this together. Just grab olives, roasted peppers, pepperoncini, some Italian meats and cheese, and good bread and your set. I did make the marinated chickpeas that he had in the cookbook and hubs and I both agreed they were delicious. We opened the last bottle of wine that we brought back from Italy and enjoyed it with this antipasto platter. It was just like being back in Italy!
Method
1/2 cup cooked or canned chickpeas
1 scallion thinly sliced
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and let marinate at least one hour at room temp. or overnight in the refrigerator.(bring to room temp. before serving).

5 comments:

glamah16 said...

Thats my favrite type of meal or nibble. Antipasta. Looks great. Glad your busy baking and doing what you love!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Yes I would love this antipasto!!

Eliana said...

I love things that are easy and simple. Sure slaving the day in a kicthen usually results in something yummy. But one can definitely stir up something simply and quickly and still get something tastey.

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

And I got my book...thank you so much! Can't wait to read it!

J.L. Danger said...

Can I be your second? This looks fantastic!